Grateful to Senator Lou Gentile for sponsoring an Ohio Senate Resolution in honor of Janet Long, United Appeal board president for Remarkable Attainment in her Live United Community Service Award from Ohio United Way
PB&J Run Father’s Day #athenscounty211 @Athensfdn Supports Athens Children Services PB&J project http://ow.ly/O56HY
United Appeal for Athens County Announces Pam Harvey Leaving for New Opportunities, making Executive Director Position Available July 1, 2015
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director serves as the general manager and fiscal agent appointed and employed by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, represents and promotes United Appeal and Athens County 211.
- Assists the Board of Directors in matters of policy formulation, interpretation and implementation; long and short-range goal setting; and securing high quality volunteer leadership
- Responsible for annual fundraising campaign, working with Board of Directors and funders
- Supervises and promotes Athens County 211, including call center contract and Resource Specialist
- Maintains all financial and administration details including bookkeeping, budgeting and financial reporting with Board of Directors
- Analyzes and evaluates fund raising and fund distribution results to benefit future campaigns.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with local non-profit organizations for fundraising and 211.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Professional experience in administration, communications, development, fund raising, fund distribution, and volunteer recruitment.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of current software applications such as: Word, Excel, and Quickbooks.
- Strong administrative, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative, self-discipline and the ability to work without supervision while supervising and motivating others.
- Ability to work effectively with community leaders, donors and applicants demonstrating a blend of leadership presence and cooperative work style.
Salaried position Full time 30 hours per week.
Salary will be based on experience; some benefits available.
The Executive Director position is a full-time position with a flexible schedule of 30 hours per week. It will be necessary to work on special events which will require some evening hours. Travel throughout the county is necessary.
Associates degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Previous non-profit experience desired. Previous experience fundraising and must have working knowledge of non-profit fiscal management, accounting, and budgeting. Must have excellent MS Office and computer skills, writing and presentation/public speaking skills, and exceptional interpersonal relationship skills.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Email Resume and Cover Letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 740-592-1293 with any questions
Catering for a Cause will cater your next SEOhio event $8/boxed lunch SEO foodbank and kitchen @hapcap http://ow.ly/NvOEp #athensoh211
Open employment interviews June 10 @athensjfs for Direct Support Professionals with local company RHDD #AthensOH http://ow.ly/NvMYP